Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Sewing Mojo Came Back - again!

I had traced a pattern for a top, but it seems like it was forever ago. I finally decided to cut it out tonight. It's New Look 6828:

From nl 6828
Here's a picture of the top being cut out:



I had enough left over to make a skirt. I realized that the knit fabric is kind of thin - maybe it's a mesh fabric - and that it would have to have an underskirt to prevent see-through. Since it's a red-and-white print paisley, I found a white knit to go under the skirt. I cut a rectangle of the white for the underskirt and used Simplicity 9265 to cut the overskirt. I will probably stitch the two parts together at the waist, as I do not anticipate any future skirts needing an extra layer. I will have to think about that.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely print and I am a fan of paisleys. Looking forward to your FO.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.