Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Packaged Foods not always Convenient

I recently bought a package of pre-cut kale because the bunches were not available.

I should have remembered from previous experience that these bags tend to be full of stems.  What you see here is half a bag of kale that I had already blanched (boiled for just a minute or two).  I let it cool before I removed the stems.  That's what I get for being in a hurry:

I hope I don't forget this lesson again!

Have you ever found a "convenience food" that was not so convenient?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you made sheets???? I'd love to see them. That way you can get the exact print that you want. I love vintagie looking sheets but can't find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm impressed. I think my great grand mother use to make sheet although I;m not sure, I'll have to check with my mother on that one. Where in the world do you find fabric so wide - how wide is it? And you made a fitted sheet too - WOW!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.