Sunday, July 27, 2014

Not Exactly Sewing

We've been busy this weekend - very busy!

1.  We are making a guest bedroom.  About a week ago, we bought and installed a mattress set and frame.  Later plans are to add a headboard and sheet set:  Meanwhile, I have many boxes which I moved from other parts of the house (such as my husband's office) into the guest room.  These boxes cover the guest bed and part of the floor:

2.  We bought and built a desk where I could put my PC in the guest room.  Here is my old desk in my husband's office:

Here is my new desk:

Here is the updated view of my old desk, including the spot under the window where my bookcase used to reside:

3. In the spirit of cleaning and rearranging, hubby decided to remove all the old tech manuals from the bookcase in the living room.  I'm not sure what to do with them though, since the box from my desk has rendered the trash can totally stuffed.

4. Since the cabinets below the bookcase became readily accessible, having had the chairs removed from this space, the boxes of fabrics and projects were cleaned out a bit. The storage space in the cutting table had some fabric clean-out, too.  Now, all my projects are in plastic containers, with the most current projects in queue under the cutting table.  All other projects.are in the bookcase cabinets.

5. The fabric clean-out caused a temporary encumbrance of the couch. These items were donated to various people and organizations:

6. Meanwhile, The fabric box and blue bin of fabrics that were in the sewing room are now in my office..  They used to be here, on the left side of the room:

7. My pattern stash resides under the book shelves in the living room.  I cleaned that out a bit, too. These patterns have been scanned and added to my for-sale page (above):

8. But wait, there's more!  We also managed to work on cutting down the tree limbs that had been cut down last week. Dog tired, we are. The pile on the left should be removed by the trash service, so we can make another pile next week:

9. I even worked a bit on filing so I would have somewhere to put some of the papers. I have been very lax at filing, and hope to improve from this:

10.  Just gotta have a number ten! I even got some laundry and dishes done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a frenzy of cleaning and organizing! Wonderfully inspirational for me-thanks. I need to sort papers today after selling a house and buying another in the space of one month. They are in binders (thanks to various real estate professionals) but I have duplicates of duplicates.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.