Monday, January 8, 2024

Pajama Pants by 5 out of 4 Pattern Company

 I use this pattern for my husband because the front waist dips down, just like his!

The first pair I made from this pattern was a pair of shorts with mystery knit fabric from Walmart.

My master patterns have many sizes on them, and I have them printed by an online pattern printing service. I currently use The Plotted Pattern.

The pattern pieces to fit him were so big that I asked him to help trace the pattern.











I then cut out the pattern pieces and put away the master.

These shorts go just below his knees.

Here is the first layout to be cut. It takes up quite a bit of the table!









I added pockets to these shorts. Here is a link to a project which shows how I install pockets.











And here is hubby happily wearing his new shorts.











Now, on to the longer versions.

I added a fly opening to the blue poplin PJs. I winged it, of course. I do not currently have a tutorial to show how to finish this during assembly.











This version does not have pockets, so I stitched the side seams first. By the way, my cutting table is 40" x 72" - wowza!









I trimmed the hem evenly and used my new BabyLock Euphoria coverstitch machine.









After that I sewed the crotch seams, the inseams, and then made the elastic waist. He liked this so much that he put them on and promptly got back to reading.











That's not enough? Almost immediately after the blue poplin ones, I made him some gray and white plaid flannel ones. Since he did not want pockets, I decided to overlap the straight side edges of the pattern pieces to eliminate the side seams.











When cut out, it almost looked like it was hiding on the table.









I added a very basic, rectangular fly at a doubled width, so I had to fold back the fly pieces for more structure.











He was more than happy to pose for me.











He helped me to pick out the most recent fabric from Hobby Lobby.











These were made about the same way as the blue poplin PJs, with side seams, no pockets, and added fly.











I hope you have enjoyed my TED Talk. 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.