Sunday, January 28, 2024

Rocky Tee by 5 out of 4 Pattern Company

I found this stretchy (89% polyester, 11% spandex) fabric at Walmart and just knew it had to be good for something. When I took it home, hubby said it would make a great sleep shirt.









As it turned out, I had just the pattern for it here, but I had to straighten the sides and adjust the length.











I assembled it with my serger and used zigzag stitching for the hems.









Yes, I attached the sleeves in a method called "on the flat."









Hubby liked it so much that he offered to pose.











I liked it so much that I made the same size for me, but shorter. However, it's in his rotation since I made another one closer to my size (scroll down to see mine).











After a while, I traced this pattern in a smaller size to make a labor-and-delivery gown for a coworker. I added loops at the side seams so she could adjust the unstructured belt I made for it.









I split the front with a Vee shape and added a band before hemming (because I forgot to hem the band first.









Except for closing the turned band, it was made entirely on my serger, including the bands that I added to the sleeves. Here's how it turned out.











At some point, I bought a dark blue shirt in hubby's size which he thought might make a good sleeveless, either casual or for sleeping. I placed the sleeveless template over this shirt and added bands with the gray fabric.









It turned out great, but he eventually disliked the blue fabric and it was donated away.











He wanted more sleep shirts, so I ordered some super-soft bamboo lycra from Sincerely Rylee Fabrics and made him another sleep shirt in a longer length.











I made him another one with the gray fabric, but sleeveless. He's wearing it now!











I made one to fit me in a double-brushed poly (DBP), but I don't recall where I bought it. I had recently gotten a coverstitch machine, so I hemmed the sleeves before I attached them.












Using a fabric that I found in the Walmart bundles section, I made a nightshirt for a friend. She seems to love it, but is camera-shy.











I hope you've enjoyed this tour through my projects.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly made that pattern work for you! The labor and delivery robe was a great idea. I'm sure your coworker will appreciate it. What a thoughtful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.