I started to alter a RTW skirt that was too long. I cut off the waistline casing with elastic and drawstring, then serged the cut edge. I left that on the cutting table for a long time.
I traced and cut out stretch woven, above-the-knee shorts, but left that project on the cutting table for a few weeks, too.
I traced a pattern to make my DH some knit pajama shorts, then cut it out in a light-weight woven fabric. I know that a test garment should have similar properties of the final product. What Was I Thinking?!? That sat there for a couple weeks, on top of the cutting table, in the mess of tsunami-like piles of stuff. You know - flat-surface syndrome.
Realizing that files of stuff were not helping my attitude towards sewing, I decided to do something that I Really Wanted To Do. Read that as: Make Something for MySelf. Easy stuff first.
Using the "one step at a time" method combined with the "one day at a time" method, I managed to iron open packaged wide double-fold bias tape, pin it to the top of the skirt, and press the bias tape to the inside of the skirt, which took at least three days.
One day last week, I was wearing a particular skirt that is just simply getting old. It's made of cheap navy jet knit and I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. I decided to replace it. I bought some navy ponte roma knit, which I really like. I will probably use the same pattern as the skirt it's to replace, but add some length to it - about three or four inches. Here's the original skirt: