I made fleece pads a few months ago as refills for a popular wet and dry mop device. They seemed to work OK except that the long edges curled. That was because I had made them as long pieces of fleece, turned under and stitched at the ends to form pockets to hold them in place:
Cleaning time on Saturday necessitated mopping pads that actually stayed on. I bought fleece on sale at JA's a few weeks ago just so I could make new pads. I cut the entire piece of fleece into 10"-wide strips across the grain, then cut each strip into 18"-long pieces. There are a few smaller pieces of fleece that now live in the rag bag.
My new variation of these refills is as simple as the original. In other words, 10" x 18" rectangles that are held in place by built-in plastic grippers:
To use this, we spray our cleaner on the floor, then mop it up:
I even have a place to store them. A dozen of these are now housed in this box, which will live on the shelf in the closet where the device is stored:
This is our mix for general cleaning. It contains about a teaspoon of Bronner's Sal Suds to a quart of water: