Friday, July 13, 2012

What I Wear with the Purple Thrifted Skirt

I have the penultimate excuse for not sewing.  It's called "other people's stuff on my sewing table"

I really like this long purple skirt in a stable knit.  I found it at a thrift store a few years ago.  When it's colder outside, I wear a long-sleeved shirt with it:

When it's warmer out, I wear one of these tops -- sleeveless, tank, or short sleeves.  The sleeveless top was on sale at W*M, the tank top was bought at the flea market, and the short-sleeved top was found at a thrift store:

The tank top is not enough coverage for work, so I wear a slinky knit jacket (purchased several years ago) over it:

I don't wear bracelets or necklaces, but I do have some new earrings that go well with these clothes.  Click on the picture to see how I made the earring hanger:

I'm thinking of getting the pattern called Pamela's Patterns Magic Pencil skirt for future use - specifically the dark purple ottoman knit fabric.  I "think" it's enough to make another narrow skirt, if this one ever wears out!  Click here to see the pattern I'm talking about.

More recently, I found another top at the flea marked that I can wear with this skirt.  It's a printed slinky knit, and the printed "circles" go really well with my "moon and stars" earrings:

Watch out!  I think I'm getting my sewing mojo back!  With a little inspiration, my table is being cleared off.  No patterns were harmed in the interruption of my sewing mojo:


1 comment:

  1. I know what I would be doing with other people`s stuff on my sewing table -lol. Seriously I was told this good tip by a psychologist who specializes in teenagers - he said to to put their stuff lying around in the deepfreeze and he said you wont have to ask them twice in future to clean up their mess. Apparently this tip works really well with sneakers.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.