Thursday, June 8, 2023

Love Notions Laundry Day Tee - Dresses with Short Sleeves

I found a pattern for a top or dress that I really like, so I have made 22 of them since I first go the pattern.

This is the Laundry Day Tee (LDT) by Love Notions Designs. There is a special deal on this pattern when you join their Facebook group.

Here is the first one using a very thin jersey fabric that is no longer available on Amazon. I used the serger for all of the seams and for attaching the band at the neckline. I used the dress width and made it the length that I thought I wanted. I did hem the sleeves but not the lower hem, and it has yet to unravel. My topstitching of choice was a medium zigzag stitch.


The next one that I sewed was with a mystery pink foil fabric that I found in a mystery fabric barn in north-central Florida. Still using the dress width, I even hemmed the - hem!

Again with the dress width, I went for a more winter-wearing stretch crushed velvet. Silly me - I never modeled it, but it certainly was in winter-wearing rotation.
More winter wearing came with a paisley ponte from JoAnn Fabrics, this one just a little shorter than most.

Wouldn't you know that right before the pandemic, I lost some weight. I made this cute little dress with an athletic knit. Now it hangs in the closet, waiting for me to re-lose that weight.

The next one was another very lightweight knit from an un-memorable source, but this one has a special trick which I used more and more often - I flared the dress as much as the fabric would let me and trimmed the hem after construction.

When I first cut it out, I just extended the side seams as wide and as long as possible for the fabric.



Then I laid out the dress facing me, with side seams evenly to each side, and trim the bottom so that it was straight across.

Then I turned it so that the side seams were together, and the center front and center back were on opposite sides.

Then I just started trimming evenly in several steps.






I posed in this one.

Of course, I did it again in an ITY (interlock twist yarn) knit from Fabric dot com (maybe?).

Oops, I did it again. Don't mind if I do, but here I show that I added to the center back to make a seam so that the pattern would fit onto the fabric. This works best when the print is not directional.

This turned out well, I think.

And again.

And for winter again, another crushed stretch velvet, but this one is extra silky. It's from FabricsUniverse on Etsy. - What?? I didn't pose in it?

Well, golly, those are all the LDTs (Laundry Day Tees) that I made with short sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.