Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting Rid of Processed Carbohydrates ...

Getting rid of processed carbs means ingesting carbohydrates in their natural forms, right?

I happen to love grapefruits. We happen to have a grapefruit tree in our back yard. Last summer we finally culled out all the old grapefruits, leaving the baby ones to grow for this year.

Since the middle of December I have picked two or three grapefruits every two to three days. I juice one every morning, and the average yield is eight ounces.

My usual breakfast is a glass of grapefruit juice, followed by two scrambled eggs. The fruit gives me fresh enzymes to help digest my eggs. The eggs give me enough protein to keep me from being hungry (for anything, including processed carbs) until lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when someone replies to your comment, please click the "Subscribe by email" link under this comment box.